Sarah Lewis wrote:
"I'm going to be sharing the process we've been going through to get there and the variables that still have to be considered. There isn't specific ordinance language at this time. I'll share what Geosyntec recommended and what some of the research recommends. Please inform people that we are in the education and data-gathering stage right now.
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT - URBAN FORESTRY DIVISION
Tree & Landscape Advisory Committee
Cynthia Cope, Forestry, Landscaping, or Horticulture (Chair)
Wade Colwell, Business
John Crone, University Representative
Chris Wilson, Environmental
J.P. Peters, Community/Citizen-at-Large
Gayle Howard, Service Organization
David Reynolds, Land Development
Vacant, Utility Representative
Greg Howe, Urban Forester
MEETING AGENDA – Wednesday, December 9th, 2009
4:00pm Room 326 City Administration Building (City Hall)
Call to Order
Accept or Revise the November 10th meeting minutes.
Motion to move to hear New Business first
1) Comments on proposed changes to the Landscape Manual concerning new installed tree quality and assorted smaller updates
2) Discussion possible changes to the Landscape Manual concerning pruning.
3) Discussion possible changes to the Landscape Manual concerning Structural soil, silva cells and other underground support technologies.
1) Councilwoman Sarah Lewis addresses committee on behalf of the Environmental Action Committee to discuss the riparian buffer ordinance
3) TLAC applications received by Nov. 30th deadline
4) Municipal Forestry Institute training opportunity available
5) Tree Escrow 2010 Location Plantings
6) Discuss 2010 meeting days and times
1) Member’s discussions on other areas of concern, ideas or suggestions outside of agenda.
2) Guests and visitors opportunity to address the committee on non-agenda items.
Announcement: Next meeting is January 13th